FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3rd, 2018
AGUILA CUP PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE LUCAS OIL 3-GUN CHALLENGE
PRESENTED BY STRATEGIC MATCH DESIGN
CONROE, TEXAS – May 3rd, 2018 – Aguila Ammunition is proud to announce Lucas Oil as the 3-Gun Challenge sponsor, presented by Strategic Match Design, of the inaugural Aguila Cup. Lucas Oil will sponsor the 3-Gun event and Strategic Match Design will serve as the match director and design the courses of fire.
Over recent years, Lucas Oil has become increasingly involved with the shooting sports and firearms industry. “Our Second Amendment rights and the shooting sports are both very important to the team at Lucas Oil,” states Lisa Marie Judy, New Business Development Manager and Sponsorships and Event Director at Lucas Oil. “The Aguila Cup will be a family-friendly event that promotes both. It’s the exact type of event Lucas Oil is honored to support.”
The 3-Gun Challenge will be Saturday and Sunday, June 16th -17th, beginning at 9am and will feature match directors Rob Romero and Charles Sole from Strategic Match Design. The competition will include:
- Three stages, PAR time, with a total round count of approximately 100 targets (30 shotgun, 35 rifle and 35 pistol). All three guns will be used on all three stages. Firearm sets which meet Traditional Limited or Tactical 3Gun specifications are allowed.
- The pistol must be iron sighted (traditional sights, fiber optics allowed), 9mm caliber minimum, magazine length not to exceed 140mm, loaded to capacity at start. Traditional Limited Pistol Specifications.
- The shotgun must be iron sighted (traditional sights, fiber optics allowed), 20g minimum, 8 rounds loaded at start. Traditional Tactical Shotgun Specifications.
- The rifle may have one sighting system (irons, red dot, telescopic scope). Comps are allowed, 20 rounds loaded at start.
- Entry fees are $60 and include: Shooter Registration Fee, Shooter Goodie Bag, (2) drink tickets after shooter has completed shooting for the day, and an Aguila Cup t-shirt.
“Having companies like Lucas Oil rally around our event says a lot about the growth of shooting sports,” says Kristi Heuring, Director of Marketing for Aguila Ammunition. “Our industry, and our event specifically are getting positive recognition as being family-friendly. Businesses like Lucas Oil have really stepped up when it comes to the competition side of our industry, and are participating in more and more shoots which helps to spread awareness and support to potential, new shooters.”
The multidiscipline Aguila Cup will take place at Fossil Pointe Sporting Grounds in Decatur, TX from June 14th – 17th, 2018. Shooting categories will include Sporting Clays, Five Stand, FITASC, 3-Gun, and Rimfire. Teams and individuals can register online at www.shootaguilacup.com. More information on the course of fire can be found at www.shootaguilacup.com under “3-Gun”.
About Aguila Ammunition
Aguila Ammunition, founded in 1961, is manufactured in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico by Industrias Tecnos, S.A. de C.V. As one of the largest rimfire manufacturers in the world, Aguila utilizes cutting-edge technology to manufacture quality rimfire, centerfire and shotshell ammunition. Aguila offers a complete range of products for the self-defense, sport shooting, hunting, law enforcement and military markets. Texas Armament & Technology is the exclusive North American distributor for Aguila Ammunition.
For more information on Aguila Ammunition, visit the company website at www.aguilaammo.com or contact:
Texas Armament & Technology/Aguila Ammunition